2022-12-17: The application window is now OPEN
Teaching both group classes and private lessons, the piano instructor at MAP leads a comprehensive music curriculum from the students’ earliest stages. Providing both technical guidance and music literacy skills training within private lessons, the piano instructor gives skills to develop proficiency at the keyboard as well as foster the ability for students to express themselves musically. The ideal candidate is someone with superior communication skills who has experience teaching piano to youth and instilling a growth mindset in students.
Core Roles and Responsibilities
Candidates must show a willingness and competency to:
- teach piano to beginners and intermediate-advanced youth for both lessons and group classes of 2-4 children;
- teach general music and music literacy skills;
- work with students of various ages, in particular with young children from age five;
- work with and communicate with a team of professional musician, artist, and programmer teachers;
- maintain a schedule, come on time to classes and lessons, and communicate about changes when necessary;
We are a growing business. We are offering $30-45 per hour for private lessons and/or group classes (the group lessons are generally at a slightly higher rate than private). The position is currently part-time.
If the position interests you, please fill out the application form below. Thank you!