Part-Time Music Instructor Position
2021-12-15: The application window is now OPEN
Are you interested in teaching music in a high-quality and creative environment? Do you like to work with kids? Do you like working with a creative team of professionals to create quality learning experiences for the next generation? Do you like to learn and discover new things? Are you able commute to Malden, MA (5 minute walk from Orange Line) to teach in-person classes along with other passionate instructors?
If so, this position is for you! We are currently looking for a music instructor to teach at MAP Family Learning Center in Malden, MA.
Core Roles and Responsibilities
Candidates must show a willingness and competency to:
- teach general music (any instrument/voice).
- work with young children ages 6+
- work with a team of professional musician, artist, and programmer teachers to plan classes, create lessons, and teach classes.
- come on-time to in-person classes at 10 Dexter St. Malden, MA. In particular, we are requesting the candidate make themselves available Wednesdays from ~2-5pm (at least ~3 hours per week).
Additional Roles and Responsibilities
Exceptional candidates, who would like additional working hours, are expected to:
- create new lesson plans and handouts for afterschool music classes.
- design materials for marketing and advertising.
- teach private lessons in subjects of your expertise, at times that work for your schedule.
- Work together with the programming instructor to create Music Blocks lessons and materials.
We are a growing business. We are offering $20-27 per hour, depending on experience and other qualifications. Performance reviews will be conducted quarterly with opportunities for promotions based on participation in the growth of our business. The position is currently part-time.
If the position interests you, please fill out the application form below. Thank you!